Do you want to be part of a vibrant and sustainable Independent sector?
For over 50 years Independent Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians have met and learned from each other and from internationally renowned speakers at AIO conferences. Our conferences are held annually in the UK and overseas at approximately 2 yearly intervals. Our members find they learn almost as much from the conversation at a lively dinner table as from the formal proceedings.
The Association is a registered provider of CET and conferences include:
- Clinical lectures
- Speakers on practice management and finance
- Instrument workshops
- Updates on optico-political developments
- An ideal opportunity for Peer Review Sessions
The AIO Overseas conferences provide an opportunity to experience optics and the local culture of other parts of the world whilst supporting the provision of local eye care services with financial and practical aid where appropriate.
UK 2017 CONFERENCE – MANCHESTER
14th and 15th October 2018
The Pendulum and Manchester Conference Centre
Together we can make it bigger
Membership is open to GOC registered optometrists and dispensing opticians in independent practice.
AIO members benefit from:
- Regular Newsletters which include conference reports, details of forthcoming events and topical articles of interest to the Independent Practitioner
- The AIO egroup to keep in touch with fellow Independents all year round
- Reassurance and friendship to its membership with the active support of the AOP
- But most importantly AIO is lobbying for the survival of the Independent sector of the profession
Contact us for further information.